3.17.2008

Sewing=Success

I was very productive this weekend in the sewing department. Here's the dress I finished yesterday. I love the way it turned out.


Things I learned from this project:

*read the directions
carefully

*directions aren't
always right

*satin material is HARD
to work with




*how to use
interfacing

*how to correctly do
an ease stitch

*how to make a dress

*One Word: improvise





*being short comes in
handy sometimes

*basting is still a good
tool

*sometimes your way
is
better

*it's okay to go slow; it
might actually save
you time later



*sewing isn't always
relaxing

*getting a project
done in 2 days is
COOL

*people are getting
impressed with my
skiiiiiiillllllls

1 comment:

Helen said...

I love your dress and especially the colors you used. Satin is so hard to sew and you conquered it.