1.30.2009

Is It Just Me...

Or is my house a target for random acts of pointless theft?

This past summer, my grandmother bought me a Clematis to plant next to my mailbox. Since those are climbing plants I was sure to water it and/or check on it daily. That is how I quickly noticed that after about 2 weeks it was stolen. Yes, you read that right. STOLEN. I'm talking there was no evidence that the plant had existed or been guided on a wire frame. They took the whole doggone thing! No, I'm not bitter...only that those plants are not cheap. Well, not cheap enough to have stolen, anyways. I just couldn't understand the point of that. Was it a kid? A dog? No it couldn't have been a dog. They certainly wouldn't have been able to take everything. I'm telling you it looked like it had never even been planted there. I started to think maybe I was actually going crazy and had just never planted it, but then I realized Me? crazy? Nahhhh.

To my surprise a little bitty sprout came up a few days later. I guess they hadn't gotten ALL of it. I had high hopes that if I took good care of the little thing it might survive and I would show them! Whoever 'them' is. But it didn't make it either. I'm not sure if I accidentally mowed over the tiny thing or if it actually died, but that's beside the point. This is what it would have looked like had it survived to be a grown-up...

As if that wasn't bad enough (maybe not, but it made me sad), one of my outdoor crawl space vent covers was taken the other night. Seriously? Someone would take that? Yes. Yes, they would. Not even sure why, unless they thought it would look better on their house. But whatever. This is what it looks like now...

I looked for a pic of what the vent cover looked like, but had no luck. I'm starting to think that maybe what I had on my 1920s house wasn't good enough though. Probably need to look into something a little more up-to-date. Hey Daaaaad...

No comments: