12.24.2009

What Christmas Means To Me...

Ever since I can remember I have been coming to Arkansas for Christmas. My mother is from there and her family still lives there. I remember the trips we would take as children and as soon as we crossed the state line from Tennessee to Arkansas, my brother and I would become giddy. Mom always said it was the Arkansas air. Whatever it was, and is, it still gets me every time. Every Christmas is special. There is just something about being with family that warms my heart and brings a smile to my face.

On Christmas Eve, we all get together and sit around the piano with some guitars in hand and sing Christmas carols and songs that bring back memories for everyone. Even though some Christmas the drive seems to get longer and longer, I love my Christmas traditions.










No comments: