7.15.2009

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania

First off, let me say that I had an excellent time on vacation. It was greatly needed and I must say it was one of the best I have ever had. We packed in SO much during the 5 days that I decided to break up my blog into places and days for your sake. :)

The first day we drove north to Pennsylvania. Our first stop was Gettysburg. Specifically the American Civil War Museum. Most of the time on this blog, I am raving about products BUT this time not so much. I'm warning you...please save your money. Thankfully, we didn't have to spend a dime because of a teacher's discount. It is a wax museum. Somehow I missed that in all the literature I read before the trip. Now, don't get me wrong, wax museums can be fun...not this one. It was lame. I learned a little bit because of my personal tour guide who is a history teacher...but nothing from the museum.


The rest of the time in Gettysburg was spent touring different cemeteries and battle sites. It was a beautiful day and we couldn't have asked for better weather.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Nice pics. I've always wanted to go there myself.