12.03.2010

Fabulous Five

I think it is important to have an attitude of thanksgiving all year 'round. We all have things to be thankful for, but sometimes forget them when we are caught up in our circumstances. So begins the Fabulous Five. I haven't been blogging as much as I've wanted to and this will aid in that as well. Fabulous Five will be things that are fabulous that I enjoy, think you should try, or want to share. Here are the first five!

1. Fat Foam.

Sometimes I get a wild hair (lol) and decide to dye my hair myself, instead of going to my stylist. I have done this a few times over the years and my hair always turns out well. While looking for my next color last week, I happened across a new product called Fat Foam. I had seen a commercial and since the price is comparable to other hair dyes, I decided to give it a try.

The process is simple. You pour a mix and a liquid together into a 'shaker.' Shake for 30 secs and begin putting the foam on your hair. See below.


The process is easy and the results are fabulous! I wish I had taken a before picture, but here is the final result... (Note: the fella didn't dye his hair, just joined in for the picture)


2. Subway Pizza

Have you tried it yet? I know it has been out for quite some time, so I wouldn't be surprised if you have. BUT if you haven't, stop what you're doing and go get some right now. It is THAT good. I was skeptical at first, because let's face it, Subway makes subs. All of these recent additions, pizza, breakfast, and now soup (I saw this yesterday and had no idea...I will try that next!), it makes you wonder why. Sometimes it is better for fast food places to stick with what they know best. It would almost be like McD's offering a bean burrito or Taco Bell selling burgers. No, thank you. However, the Subway pizza is different. The quality of the toppings and the breading of the pizza is phenomenal. I ordered a veggie pizza and got out under $5. I didn't even finish the pizza because it was so filling!

On another note, has anyone tried the breakfast or soup yet?

3. Caramel-Fudge Turtle Cookies

I love Betty Crocker recipes. I get emails containing quick and easy recipes on a regular basis. When I saw these cookies, I couldn't resist and made them that night. Yummmmm! Click here to get my in depth tutorial on preparation.


4. My nephew is crawling!!!

Yeah, I know. I'm pretty excited too. He will be 8 months old on the 15th. He has also started saying dada nonstop! We're working on getting mama out too!





5. Paper-Doily Wreath by Martha Stewart

As you can tell from my posts, I love DIY crafts. Here is one I can't wait to try! I have found that MS's craft are usually quick and easy. Browse her site and I'm sure you'll find something to make yourself!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those cookies look delicious. I have some chocolate mint ones here...also delicious.