Stuffed Zucchini and Yellow Squash
Prep: 10 min
Cook : 45 min
Points Plus: 3 (for two halves)
You will need a skillet to sauté
2 Medium Zucchini
2 Medium Yellow Squash
4 tbsp. Butter, divided
1 cup Onion, diced
10 oz. Mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup Ham, diced
2 tsp. Parsley
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1/3 cup Bread Crumbs
1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
Salt, Pepper & Cayenne Pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Boil water to steam squash
- Scrub zucchini and yellow squash and slice in half lengthwise.
- Remove seeds, leaving shells 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Steam squash until tender, 8-12 min.
- Melt 3 tbsp. butter in skillet and sauté onions and mushrooms until soft.
- Stir in ham, parsley and Worcestershire Sauce.
- Add seasonings to taste.
- Drain squash and stuff with mixture from skillet.
- Mix together bread crumbs and cheese.
- Sprinkle mixture on top of squashes and pour 1 tbsp. butter over all.
- Spray pan and bake 20-30 min.