7.25.2012

P90X Day 1

After a failed attempt at P90X back in 2009 I've decided to try again, but this time I will succeed. The differences between 2009 and now are my weight (at least 45 pounds lighter, maybe more), I'm actually in shape, more willpower, and I'm more in tune with my body.

I decided to blog about my progress mid-workout today because it will hold me even more accountable. Also, it will help me see how far I've come if I hit a plateau during the journey. I hope that it can also encourage others, because I'm not superwoman, I'm just a regular girl who wants to be more toned.

So, how did today go? It went well. I worked out for a total of 30 minutes. Not bad considering it is my first day, I have just gotten over a broken toe, and I still have a small cold! I will say that it is important to listen to your body and not overdo it. You should push yourself a little because if not, you will always stay in the same place, but don't overdo it to the point of injuring yourself or burning yourself out.

I had to modify a few positions in Core Synergies today because of my delicate big toe. For instance, when it was time for pushups, I was on my knees instead of my toes. Also, a few times I felt lightheaded and knew it was time for a small break.

Before starting any workout program, make sure you are hydrated and stay hydrated while working out. P90X is great because they allow for breathers and water breaks.

Until next time!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Go Jess, go!

J E S S I C A said...

Thank you! I'm still trucking along! How is Cara doing with it?