8.07.2012

P90X Day 8

This morning I completed Day 8 of P90X! Woohoo! That means I'm in my second week of the twelve week program!  One of the things I've learned in Weight Watchers is that it's important to be moving and active.  We are definitely moving more than we were a year ago!

We have chosen to modify P90X because it works better with our schedule.  The program suggests that you workout Monday - Saturday and rest on Sunday, but we are taking it a little slower and working out Monday-Friday.  We are still completing each day of the program, but it will take us longer than 90 days to do so.  It was also important that we not burnout on the program and that we enjoy ourselves while doing it.  Something about doing it on Saturday, just didn't sound fun to my late sleeping habits and errand running weekends! We use our weekends for other activities such as biking, swimming, running, and walking.


So, how's it going?  I can honestly say I enjoy every single workout!  I look forward to each day and feel fantastic after I finish.  It is extremely hard work (and I'm sore after each workout), but I know it will be worth it in the end.  I can already tell a difference in my stamina during the workouts and my strength.  I am able to see more muscle definition, for sure!  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a walking bodybuilder, but I can tell my muscles are taking shape.  We are documenting our progress through weekly pictures, that I will eventually share, but let's take this slow.  hehe  I'll save you the wonder and tell you there isn't much visible evidence from our first week of working hard and sweating up a storm, but we can tell a difference by other attributes.

Weight Loss?  As many of you know (because I believe in sharing my journey), I am very close to my WW goal and will become a Lifetime Member very soon.  P90X has definitely helped me get through my plateau and on my way.  I am currently 3.6 lbs away from my goal and hope to reach it within the next few weeks.

As always, if you have any questions about a healthier lifestyle or our P90X adventure, please let us know!

Coming soon: P90X - A Male's Perspective  

No comments: